Thank you for your interest in Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin. We currently have over 40 employees, most of whom work full-time in a variety of areas, including Business/Accounting, Community/Agency Relations, Marketing/Public Relations, Resource Development and Warehouse/Operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin recruits, employs, trains, develops and promotes individuals on the basis of merit, competence and service and without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, handicap, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, arrest record, conviction record, physical and mental disability or veteran status.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin has, and will continue, to consistently make every effort to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
Volunteer Coordinator - AmeriCorps
Deadline to Apply: 09/13/2014
Location: Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Milwaukee Headquarters
Position Type: Full-time, limited term employment (LTE)
Compensation: $537.00 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly
Please do not apply if you cannot complete a 10 month (1700 hour) commitment with a minimal living allowance or if you cannot attend the entire AmeriCorps orientation and training (described below).
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (FAEW) and AmeriCorps are seeking an individual to grow and maintain volunteer support for FAEW. You will create a plan and strategy to recruit, screen, train, manage, evaluate, schedule, and recognize volunteers. Increase FAEW’s volunteer base by contacting individuals, corporations, schools, churches, and other volunteer populations. Establish and develop a sustainable program that will continue when this limited-term position ends.
This position is funded from October 21, 2014 to August 31, 2015. Applicants must be willing to work at least 1,700 hours during that period, averaging approximately 35- 40 hours a week. This position offers a unique opportunity to develop professional skills, enhance a resume, and support a mission-driven nonprofit organization that helps feed thousands throughout eastern Wisconsin.
- Evaluate FAEW’s volunteer needs and create a recruitment plan to target volunteer populations.
- Enhance, support and maintain a strategy that includes all aspects of volunteer marketing, recruitment, and recognition.
- Develop a sustainable program to ensure FAEW can continue high-quality volunteer recruitment and management once this limited-term position ends.
- Research, recommend and implement a database program that tracks all aspects of volunteer solicitation and scheduling.
- Coordinate and manage volunteers at the organization’s events and activities.
- Represent FAEW at volunteer recruitment events.
- Post and update volunteer position descriptions.
- Plan and implement volunteer recognition events.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed to oversee volunteer activities
- Use social media to recruit and promote volunteer opportunities and programs.
- Attend the entire orientation October 21-24 and midterm training January 12-14, 2015. This is not optional. DO NOT apply if you cannot attend all the training sessions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age by October 21, 2014.
- Must possess a college degree, high school diploma, or GED.
- Must agree to an FBI and state criminal background check along with a Department of Motor Vehicles check.
Compensation and Other Benefits:
- Compensation: $537.00 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly.
- Health insurance – If you have no health insurance you are eligible to receive a basic healthcare insurance plan (premium paid by Marshfield Clinic if you are qualified), which covers only you; it is not available to other family members. This plan does not include eye or dental care.
- You may receive subsidized childcare (household income must qualify). In most cases, this payment is 80% - 100% of care costs.
- A $5,645 education award upon successful completion of service (educational awards can be used for loan repayment, future schooling costs, and special educational opportunities.) Educational Awards are considered taxable.
- Forbearance on qualified student loans and payment on the accrued interest paid upon the successful completion of service.
- AmeriCorps service gear.
Other Important Information:
If you have another job or are enrolled in school, carefully consider the time commitment this program will require and ensure you can complete the service requirements. You will be provided with training and teambuilding opportunities several times throughout the year.
- Click on the link at the bottom of this page for a copy of the Volunteer Coordinator application form.
- Email the completed application to Terri Torbeck at email@example.com.
- We must receive your application by September 13, 2014.
Fund Development Intern (Fall 2014) - Our Fund Development department is looking for a highly motivated college student to join our team. Please see the attached description below for details. If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Lyn Hildenbrand, Fund Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position you're applying for in the subject of your email.
Partnership Development Intern (Fall 2014) - Our Partnership Development Department is looking for a few mission-driven interns to join our team this fall. We're seeking college students pursuing a degree in Human Service, Psychology, Social Work or a related field. Must have a valid driver's license and be able to commit to approximately 10-15 hours per week. Please see the attached description below for details. If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Ossie Kendrix, Partnership Development Manager at email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you're applying for in the subject of your email.
- About Us
- How You Can Help