Thank you for your interest in Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin. We currently have over 40 employees, most of whom work full-time in a variety of areas, including Business/Accounting, Community/Agency Relations, Marketing/Public Relations, Resource Development and Warehouse/Operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin recruits, employs, trains, develops and promotes individuals on the basis of merit, competence and service and without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, handicap, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, arrest record, conviction record, physical and mental disability or veteran status.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin has, and will continue, to consistently make every effort to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
Chief Executive Officer
Bring your passion, instill your wisdom and lead Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin’s mission to feed the hungry and provide hope to people in need. Oversee the partnership of hunger relief programs in 36 Wisconsin counties, a network of 750 partner programs and an organization that served over 330,000 people in 2013.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (FAEW) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer responsible for leadership and operation of FAEW’s two Wisconsin locations, Milwaukee and Fox Valley. Based out of the Milwaukee location, the qualified CEO will be responsible for a nearly 5 million dollar budget; a staff of 40 plus employees; and the maintenance and development of 750 partner food programs, and hundreds of food and financial donors.
- Partner with the Board to develop a shared vision, focused on the current mission while strategizing for the future of the mission
- Work with the Board to develop the organization’s Strategic Plans
- Complete a capital campaign for a new warehouse in the Fox Valley and oversee the building of that warehouse
- Lead the Management Team in development and execution of short and long range goals and operational objectives
- Cultivate a qualified and diverse senior staff
- Be the leader of professional development for the organization utilizing effective communications and leading by example
- Lead the management and administration of all programs and services following the mission of the organization with a high level of technical, ethical and operational approach
- Maintain working knowledge of significant developments and trends that effect FAEW while identifying new opportunities to support the mission
- Lead the charge to develop and implement fundraising and financial development strategies
- Participate in key donor visits, speaking engagements and interact with community leaders on a consistent basis bringing visibility and ensuring advancement of the organization
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with groups that support the work of the organization focusing on growth and opportunity for FAEW
- Oversee the work of the Controller and all other financial processes related to the financial management and planning for the organization
- Oversee the annual audit process; reporting and sharing results with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Collaborate with the Operations and Partnership Development Managers to develop, maintain and use available systems and resources to meet the needs of partner agencies
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Board and its Chairman
- Enable the Board to fulfill its governance function and execute and support all policies and decisions of the Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Ten years of experience in managing a multi-million dollar budget and ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead people of all levels and diversities
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit management or as a member of a nonprofit board, strongly desired
- Seasoned and experienced in fund-raising
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to work with a variety of people from differing socio-economic, cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds
- Vision and passion for the mission of FAEW - To feed the hungry.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin is committed to fostering diversity in our workplace. Diversity is an inclusive concept and encompasses without limitation, race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age, or disability.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Dante Houston, Director of Recruiting Services
MRA – The Management Association
N19 W24400 Riverwood Drive
Waukesha, WI 53188
Fund Development Intern (Fall 2014) - Our Fund Development department is looking for a highly motivated college student to join our team. Please see the attached description below for details. If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Lyn Hildenbrand, Fund Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position you're applying for in the subject of your email.
- About Us
- How You Can Help